Embedded software engineer and researcher for multi-core aerospace software
Rapita Systems is seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer to join its growing team, who are responsible for developing cutting-edge software tools for the global aerospace and automotive software industries. Based in York, the successful applicant will play a key role in the development and deployment of our software, which is used for analysis and verification of real-time embedded systems around the world. The position calls for intelligence, creativity, knowledge, hard work and commitment.
We are specifically looking for someone experienced in embedded systems, multi-core or many-core processors, and/or aerospace software or safety critical systems. We need someone with exceptional skills to work on multi-core analysis, complex software and tool development projects. You will be working on advanced technologies with a strong element of research and innovation. The position could suit either someone with experience, or a recent graduate seeking career opportunities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Multi-core processor analysis, architecture analysis, timing and integration
- Technology research, driving current and future technology, coming up with innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion
- Delivery of customer contracts for services and analysis of multi-core architectures
- Software development including tools, scripting and embedded software using a variety of languages and technologies (Python, C, C++, Ada, others)
- Working with major aerospace and automotive customers and partners to deliver high quality results using the latest processor technologies
- Generating content to support the sales and marketing of new features
- Other tasks as necessary; Rapita is a small, dynamic company – we look for staff who are able to adapt to take on new challenges
Required skills and experience
- A strong software background and excellent programming skills
- Understanding and experience of multi-core processors, especially architectural features, embedded programming and interfacing
- The desire and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Skills in some or all of the following: Python, C, C++, Ada (the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages, our philosophy is to hire good people who can learn, not focus on specific skills)
- An excellent degree or PhD level qualification in computer science, real-time systems, electronics or a related field
- Organizational ability and a positive "can do" attitude
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge or experience of real-time and embedded systems, FPGAs etc.
- Experience of GPUs, NVIDIA, etc
- Aerospace or automotive experience, especially DO-178B/C, ISO 26262 or IEC61508
- A research background, innovation
- Experience of multiple embedded platforms, compilers, linkers, debuggers etc.
What you will bring to Rapita Systems
You will be highly motivated, hard-working and innovative with excellent software skills and the ability to learn about our products quickly. You'll be playing a key role in our multi-core analysis team, building up new capability for the company and developing new software tools.
Salary £28k - £50k depending on experience and ability. Location: York, UK.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic PDF submissions only). We look forward to hearing from you.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.