Field Application Engineer (India)
What is this role about:
Rapita Systems seeks a talented and highly motivated Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join our field engineering services team. The team provides the main technical interface to our customers, providing a first-class customer experience using Rapita's cutting-edge on-target software verification solutions.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) is required to be adept in technical knowledge as well as business skills. The role of a FAE is taking ownership of all technical pre-sales and post sales activities. Working with the sales teams, our FAEs are expected to remove technical barriers to a sale and help close business. The FAE is required to develop skills on the current product features, tools and design flows and facilitate adoption of these solutions with a variety of customer systems.
Your work will involve travelling around India, helping customers develop the real-time embedded systems of the future. The position calls for intelligence, knowledge, hard work and commitment. You will be working with embedded systems, safety-critical software, real-time systems and build systems in a variety of languages with varied technologies (including C, C++, Ada, Perl, Bash, Linux, Windows, Make, XML, PowerPC, Tricore, and ARM)
What are the responsibilities:
As an FAE, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing expert integration services, consultancy, training and technical support for high profile customers
- Software development and maintenance.
- Helping our customers to use our tools, by visiting them and offering prompt, accurate and positive responses to customer support requests.
- Working on the wide variety of processors, compilers, debuggers and real-time operating systems we regularly encounter on customer sites.
- Influencing product development by identifying customer needs and helping to translate these needs into commercial tools
You can also expect to be involved in a variety of other activities, including:
- Creating and maintaining technology demonstrators.
- Performing case studies.
- Creating technical reports and articles.
- Research and development projects.
- Generating website content.
- Presenting and exhibiting at shows and conferences.
What you bring in:
- A strong software background with 10+ years of experience of either reliable software, embedded software, or real-time systems.
- Engineering degree or PhD level qualifications in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer facing work.
- Ability to be organized under pressure, a "can do" attitude and enthusiasm.
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Experience with aerospace and/or automotive applications, and familiarity with any of DO-178B, DO-178C, DO-278, DEF Standard 00-56, ARINC-653, ISO26262, AUTOSAR or related technologies will be an added advantage
- Preference given to candidates with proven technical expertise, leadership and experience in similar industries
- Ability to perform independently and capable of independent travel to, from and within designated regions.
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. With an innovative and supportive ethos and culture, a flexible working environment, and some of the best people you could hope to work with, we offer a career for you where you can excel at what you love doing.
Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Location: Bangalore, UK.
To apply, please apply through the linkedIn advert.