Internship and Year in Industry Placements for 2019 working with safety-critical aerospace software
Rapita Systems is a friendly, lively high-tech software company in York (near the University of York). Working mainly in aerospace, we help to keep the planes safe in the sky using advanced software analysis technologies. Please see http://www.rapitasystems.com/ for more information.
Rapita Systems is delighted to offer industry placements and internships to the best software undergraduates. Working in our software team, you can expect to be designing, developing and testing software to help our customers with verification of safety-critical software. The placements are an excellent introduction to practical software engineering for reliable software. Our previous placements have been extremely successful, with students having worked directly with our experienced team, brought new technologies to industrial reality and many of them having been offered permanent jobs in the company.
Projects and Placements
Placement students will work on the development and maintenance of our flagship RVS software. We are offering multiple projects and opportunities, depending on the skills and interests of the students. Whether you are working on the core development, applying it directly to our customers' projects, or working on the quality assurance of our own software, there is a lot to do and it will be a great experience.
We are seeking applicants for the following positions/projects:
- Back-end software engineer - much of our work involves complex algorithms, language parsing and automatic analysis of source and object code, you will be developing powerful features to RVS.
- GUI software engineer - you can expect to be programming Java in our Eclipse-based graphical interface to add new features, and improve our user experience.
- Software quality - you can expect to be working our expert quality team to build and maintain our DO-178C software qualification kit, software and documentation that show compliance to standards and specifications.
What we are looking for
- Excellent software skills, ideally including development in some or all of C, Perl, Ada, Java, bash/scripting, SQL, C++. The language isn't important, the knowledge of software design, algorithms and data structures is.
- Proactive attitude - keen to learn do new things, experiment and be a key player in a fast-paced, hardworking team.
- Interest in high quality and/or safety-critical aerospace software.
What you will gain from your internship
- Experience working in a fast paced technology company on industrial research and practical problems.
- The opportunity to help a cutting edge software company reach out to new and existing customers.
- Experience and exposure to different technologies, programming languages, methodologies, testing, processes and software practices.
- The opportunity to work with industrial experts and leading manufacturers in a challenging and exciting domain.
- Quality project-based work experience to enhance your CV and employability prospects.
- The opportunity for future part time and full time employment.
How to apply
Year in industry placements are 12 month placements (shorter or longer placements possible) during a computer science or electronics degree. The placements are based at our office in Osbaldwick, York. Placements are competitively salaried, depending on the skills and experience of the candidate.
Please get in touch with us directly by sending a CV/cover letter to the address below, or arrange to contact us through your placements coordinator.
Year in industry students and direct applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK; please explain your eligibility in the CV or covering letter.
All questions and applications should be sent to email@example.com.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.