Software Business Development Executive (York, aerospace sales)
Rapita Systems is seeking a talented and highly motivated business development executive to support our expansion and growth. Working in our sales team with some of the leading brands in the international aerospace and space industries, you will be helping our customers by supplying cutting-edge software verification solutions including unit-test, code coverage, services and software timing analysis.
The position is suitable for someone who combines a technical background with interpersonal and sales skills. It could suit a junior candidate, or someone with more experience.
Based in York, UK with travel to in the UK, US and EU, you will play a key role in the growth of the company. You will be working with technically challenging software systems, selling a variety of software products and services, innovative software and hardware solutions.
As a business development executive, you will be assisting the business development manager to grow the business across the world. Responsibilities include:
- Lead generation - working closely with the marketing team you will find and nurture new leads
- Lead qualification - reviewing and prioritizing information, contacting and talking to leads
- Creating strong customer relationships through social media, forums and direct contact
- Processing leads, entering new leads into a CRM (Salesforce)
- Handling website leads and following up new and old leads.
- Assisting marketing team with input for sales collateral and media engagement
- Identifying and nurturing key partnerships with companies providing complementary products and services
- Administrative tasks to support the business development manager
Required skills and experience
- Technical software or electronics background, giving you the ability to understand our customers' needs and communicate our technology
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to talk easily to customers on the phone and in written form
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Office software especially spreadsheets
- A strong, self-motivated personality, able to confidently lead and communicate
- Highly motivated to achieve sales targets
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and ideas
- Degree or similar qualification, preferably in either a technical or a business-related subject
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of the aerospace, space or automotive software industries
- Familiarity with sales/marketing technologies such as SalesForce
What you will bring to Rapita Systems
- You will increase our sales turnover by finding and nurturing leads
- You will increase the efficiency of the sales, marketing and BDM teams by processing customer information
Competitive salary £22-£28k depending on experience. Location: York, UK
To apply for this job, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic PDF submissions only). STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.