Software engineer - algorithms, R&D, compilers, computer science
Rapita Systems is seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer to join its growing team, who are responsible for developing cutting-edge software tools for the global aerospace and automotive software industries. Based in York, the successful applicant will play a key role in the development and deployment of our software, which is used for verification and analysis of real-time embedded systems around the world.
We are specifically looking for someone experienced in algorithms such as graph transformation, language parsing and formal methods; we need someone with exceptional skills to work on detailed complex software projects. You will be working on advanced technologies with a strong element of research.
- Development of high quality software using a variety of languages and technologies (C, C++, Ada, Python, Java, Perl, SQL and others)
- Adding features, resolving problems, fixing bugs, testing and improving the quality of our products
- Investigating and understanding customer needs leading to the specification and design of new software and features
- Taking part in research, driving current and future technology, coming up with innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion
- Working with major aerospace, space and automotive companies in the UK and around the world
- Generating content to support the sales and marketing of new features
- Other tasks as necessary; Rapita is a small, dynamic company – we look for staff who are able to adapt to take on new challenges
Required skills and experience
- A strong software background and excellent programming skills
- The desire and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Skills in some or all of the following: C, C++, Python, Perl, Ada, Java (the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than specific language experience - our philosophy is to hire good people who can learn, not focus on specific skills)
- An excellent degree or PhD level qualification in computer science or a related field
- Organizational ability and a positive "can do" attitude
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge or experience of real-time and embedded systems
- Aerospace or automotive experience, especially DO-178B/C, ISO 26262 or IEC61508
- A research background, innovation
- Linux & Windows development
Why join Rapita?
Rapita is a great place to work with a strong, friendly team, flexible working times, 31 days annual leave (includes bank holidays), a private pension, an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment. We'd love for you to experience this yourself, have a look at some of our employee profiles!
The competitive salary range for this role is £28,000 - £50,000 based on what you can bring to our team. This role could either suit someone with experience or just starting in their career. experience and ability.
Location: York, UK.
To apply, send us a covering letter and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic PDF submissions only). We look forward to hearing from you.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.