Software engineer: multicore, embedded, R&D, aerospace
Rapita Systems is seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer to join its technical team, developing cutting-edge software tools for the global aerospace and automotive software industries. Based in York (UK) or Novi (Detroit, USA) the successful applicant will play a key role in new products for analysis and verification of real-time embedded systems around the world. The position calls for intelligence, creativity, knowledge, hard work and commitment.
We are specifically looking interest or experience in embedded systems, multicore processors, GPUs, and/or aerospace software or safety critical systems. We need someone with exceptional skills to work on multi-core timing analysis, complex software and tool development projects. You will be working on advanced technologies with a strong element of research and innovation. The position would suit either someone with experience, or a recent graduate seeking career opportunities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Software engineering, development and testing of high quality software using a variety of languages and technologies
- Multicore processor analysis, software timing analysis and embedded systems integration
- Technology research, bringing innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion
- Delivery of customer contracts for services and analysis of multicore architectures
- Working with major aerospace and automotive customers and partners to deliver high quality results using the latest processor technologies
- Supporting the sales and marketing teams with technical content and information
- Other tasks as necessary; Rapita is a small, dynamic company – we look for staff who are able to adapt to take on new challenges
Required skills and experience
- A strong software background and excellent programming skills
- The desire and ability to solve complex technical problems
- An excellent degree in computer science, real-time systems, electronics or a related field
- Organizational ability and a positive "can do" attitude
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of multicore processors, especially architectural features, embedded programming and interfacing
- Understanding and experience of real-time or embedded software (e.g. ARM, PowerPC etc)
- GPU experience (e.g. NVIDIA, AMD, CUDA, Vulkan, OpenGL)
- Skills in some or all of the following: Python, C, C++, Ada, Java, Perl. The ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages, our philosophy is to hire good people who can learn, not focus on specific skills
- Search/optimization algorithms (e.g. genetic programming)
- Aerospace or automotive experience, especially DO-178C, ISO 26262 or IEC 61508
- A research background, innovation
What you will bring to Rapita Systems
You will be highly motivated, innovative with excellent software skills and the ability to learn about our products quickly. You'll be playing a key role in our multicore analysis team, building up new capability for the company and developing new software tools.
Salary £28k - £50k depending on experience and ability. Location: York, UK.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com (electronic PDF submissions only). We look forward to hearing from you.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.