Rapita Systems S.L. is seeking a highly skilled and motivated computer hardware/software engineer to play a key part in the research, design and delivery of innovative solutions for the timing analysis and optimization of advanced Multi-Processor Systems on Chip (MPSoC) for the avionics and automotive industries.
Based in our Barcelona office (Spain), and working as part of an exceptional team, you will apply your expertise in computer architecture and embedded systems to analyse multicore platforms, develop cutting-edge technologies, and design innovative techniques that support safety-critical real-time multicore embedded systems.
What you will do
- Multicore processor performance analysis and configuration to provide sustained performance and real-time predictability.
- Identify performance bottlenecks by analysis of technical reference material and experimentation.
- Devise hardware-configuration and software countermeasures and mitigations to reduce timing variability and unpredictability.
- Design, develop, and test software tools for multicore performance analysis.
- Integrate software tools in embedded systems in both bare-metal and real-time operating systems/hypervisors setups.
- Use initiative to research and learn independently, question assumptions and challenge results.
- Take part in international research projects with world-leading industries in the avionics and automotive domains.
Technologies you will work with
- Cutting-edge Multi-Processor Systems on Chip (e.g. QorIQ, UltraScale, Layerscape, Tiger Lake, Jacinto, TriCore, RISC-V, …).
- Low-level, target-specific assembly programming.
- High-level programming languages, including C, Python, and other programming, scripting, and testing languages.
- Real-time operating systems/hypervisors such as PikeOS, Integrity, VxWorks, LynxSecure, and Deos.
- Embedded system tools (e.g. debuggers, Lauterbach, CodeWarrior, …).
- Windows and Linux.
What would make you great at this role
- A bachelor's, master’s or doctoral degree in computer architecture, real-time systems, electronics or a related field.
- Knowledge and strong interest in computer architectures and hardware components.
- Software development skills, with a particular emphasis on embedded systems. Previous experience in low-level programming is desirable.
- A proactive and collaborative attitude, demonstrating eagerness to learn, explore new ideas, and contribute as a valuable member of a fast-paced, dedicated team.
- An interest in high-quality and/or safety-critical software.
You’ll also benefit if you have:
- Experience working with multicore processors, including familiarity with architectural features.
- Experience with real-time operating systems such as Integrity, VxWorks, Deos, and/or hypervisors.
- Familiarity with avionics standards like DO-178C and related knowledge.
- Skills in some of the following: assembly, C, C++, Java, Python. The ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages.
- Skills in Linux or other Unix-like OS.
- Strong English and Spanish language skills
This position is open to candidates with a range of experiences from a new graduate to someone with years of industrial experience. Rapita offers a competitive salary depending on experience and skills, and flexible hours for hybrid working. Candidates must have the right to work in Spain.
Why Join Rapita
Rapita Systems S.L. is a friendly, lively, high-tech software company located in Barcelona within the Campus Nord of Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – Barcelona. This office is the hardware centre of excellence within the Rapita group offering specialist services in multicore hardware, aerospace certification and analysis of reliable embedded systems.
You will be working within a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology, research and the work they do. Rapita offers flexible working times; and most roles can be done with a hybrid approach of home-working and office working.
The work we do helps our customers to provide safer and greener flights – we are proud that the technologies we work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. We work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
Rapita Systems is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace (civil and defence) and automotive industries. Further information about the company and its products is available at www.rapitasystems.com.
Applicants should email their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Make it clear in your application which role and location (UK, US, Spain) you are applying for. We look forward to hearing from you.
NO AGENCIES. DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.