What will you love about being a customer-facing software engineer at Rapita?
This exceptional career opportunity allows you to use your software engineering and embedded skills in a customer-focused environment.
Your work involves helping our customers develop the real-time embedded systems of the future. You will be supporting household names like Airbus, Boeing and Collins Aerospace with their software verification challenges and leading the way in high-tech software automation.
Working as part of a talented and enthusiastic team, you will be working with a mix of aerospace hardware and software platforms, from cutting-edge SoCs to more traditional platforms. Working to solve challenging embedded software problems, you will get an insider view of numerous space and aerospace programs.
You will have the opportunity to travel to our customer sites, using novel technologies at world-wide sites. This role is based at our York office, with hybrid/remote working options and flexible working.
What will you be doing?
Your team is the technical interface to our customers; you will be involved in a large variety of specialist customer-facing software engineering tasks including: integrating our software into our customers' complex, embedded systems, working on multicore aerospace platforms, reviewing and designing software, helping our customers to get the best from our software, and supporting new sales through demonstrations and technical evaluations of our software.
Our tools are widely used for the verification of reliable embedded software in the aerospace, automotive and space industries. The Rapita Verification Suite includes tools for software test management, code coverage, multicore interference analysis and software execution time analysis.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Providing expert integration services, consultancy and training for high profile customers around the world
- Influencing product development by identifying customer needs and helping to translate these needs into commercial tools
- Technical pre-sales - helping our customers to understand the benefits of our technology, providing demonstrations and proof of concept work
- Software development and maintenance
- Helping our customers to use our tools, by visiting them and offering prompt, accurate and positive responses to customer support requests
- Working on the wide variety of processors, compilers, debuggers and real-time operating systems we regularly encounter on customer sites
You can also expect to be involved in a variety of other activities, including:
- Creating and maintaining technology demonstrators
- Performing case studies
- Creating technical reports and articles
- Research and development projects
- Presenting and exhibiting at shows and conferences
Technologies you’ll be working with
You will be working with embedded systems, RTOS, safety-critical software, real-time systems and build systems in a variety of languages with varied technologies (including C, C++, Ada, Python, Perl, Bash, Linux, Windows, Make, XML, PowerPC, Tricore, ARM, DEOS, VxWorks, internal testing and scripting languages ...).
What would make you great at this role?
We are searching for a talented software engineer. With opportunities to travel around the world, this customer-oriented, forward deployed position suits someone with both excellent embedded software engineering skills and good interpersonal/communication skills.
You need to be highly motivated, hard-working and innovative, with a "can do" attitude.
Ideally you should have some of the following skills:
- A strong software background with experience of either reliable software, embedded software, or real-time systems
- Excellent degree or PhD level qualifications in Computer Science or related disciplines (a 2.1 or higher)
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer facing work
- Ability to be organized under pressure, work independently and manage your workload
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Experience with a variety of real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience with aerospace and/or automotive applications
- Familiarity with any of DO-178C, ARINC-653, DO-330 or related standards
This position could suit a range of experiences from a new graduate to someone with more years of industrial experience; competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. Location: York, UK, part remote working is possible.
Apply your passion for embedded software to make flying and driving safer.
Why Join Rapita
You will be working within a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology and the work they do. We have an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment. Have a look at some of our employee profiles to see for yourself what a great place Rapita is.
Rapita offers flexible working times, 33 days of flexible annual leave (including bank holidays), a private pension, cycle to work scheme, team away days, fruit and drinks, office cycle/car parking and other benefits. Most roles can be done with a hybrid approach of home-working and office working. Our office is based in the lovely city of York, which is a fantastic place to live and work - if you need it, we can help you settle in with a relocation package.
The work we do helps our customers to provide safer and greener flights – we are proud that the technologies we work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. We work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
Rapita Systems is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace and automotive industries. Further information about the company and its products is available at www.rapitasystems.com.
Applicants should email their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
NO AGENCIES. DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.