Rapita Systems is seeking a talented and highly motivated Sales Account Manager to join their sales team in the UK or USA. This position would suit an experienced sales professional who has worked in the same or related industry, with existing network contacts and will be able to hit the ground running.
Working with some of the leading brands in the international aerospace and space industries, you will be assisting our customers by supplying cutting-edge software verification solutions including software testing, code coverage, safety-critical and embedded software services and multi-core software timing analysis.
The position needs someone with a technical background with proven interpersonal and sales skills, including experience in the aerospace software verification market. Based in either the UK or US, with opportunities for home working and world-wide travel especially around the US and Europe, you will play a key role in the growth of the company. The position calls for intelligence, knowledge, hard work and commitment. You will be working with technically challenging software systems, selling a variety of services, innovative software tools and hardware solutions.
As a sales account manager, you will be responsible for the growing sales into the worldwide aerospace market. Working in our international sales team, the role involves:
- Producing technical and commercial proposals with assistance from engineering teams.
- Communicating with engineers, representing customer requirements, and coordinating delivery of those requirements.
- Achieving yearly sales target.
- Pursuing and closing high-value software tool and custom engineering solutions opportunities.
- Creating strong customer relationships.
- Maintaining pipeline and bookings in CRM system and remaining active in customer projects throughout engagement.
- Assisting the marketing team with input for sales collateral and media engagement Identifying and nurturing key partnerships with companies providing complementary products and services.
- Networking with industry leaders to understand trends and identify new business opportunities.
- Participate in customer facing events such as trade shows and conferences.
- Working with marketing and business development teams for lead generation and identifying new opportunities.
Required skills and experience
- Technical (software/electronics) background, giving you the ability to understand our customers' needs and communicate our technology.
- Previous commercial/sales experience with a demonstrable track record of selling solutions in a technical environment.
- Experience of the aerospace, space or automotive software industries.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to talk easily with customers.
- A strong, self-motivated personality, able to confidently lead and communicate.
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and ideas.
- Highly motivated to achieve sales targets.
Desirable skills and experience
- Familiarity with standards and technologies used in aerospace or automotive software development such as DO-178C and ISO26262, software verification, safety and certification.
- Familiarity with sales/marketing technologies such as Salesforce.
- Skills in foreign languages.
What you will bring to Rapita Systems
You will be responsible for business growth primarily in the aerospace market, and other markets as opportunities arise. You will support our customers by planning technical solutions that support our customers' needs. You will strive to ensure our customers achieve exceptional results through account management. As an experienced sales professional, you will ideally have a network of existing customers in a related area that you can use to generate new business for the company.
Rapita offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience, and with flexible working time. The remuneration for this role is driven by a generous on-target commission package with a base salary depending on experience.
Location: York (UK) or Novi, MI (US) with some remote working possible.