Senior Software Engineer for Aerospace Multicore Processor Analysis
Rapita Systems, Inc is seeking to fill a Senior Software Engineer position with a talented and highly motivated individual with a background in embedded systems. Based in Novi, Michigan (USA), the successful applicant will play a key role in the latest technology for development and verification of global aerospace and automotive real-time embedded systems. The position requires intelligence, creativity, knowledge, hard work and commitment.
We are specifically looking for interest or experience in embedded systems with multicore processors for safety critical systems in the aerospace and automotive industries. The successful candidate will work on full lifecycle development, multicore timing analysis, and complex software projects, with a strong element of research and innovation. This is a rewarding position that is both technically challenging and fits the noble purpose of making commercial air travel safer and defending our country in the case of defense missions.
This position will directly report to the Engineering Manager - Aerospace Services.
Technologies you will work with
- Real-time systems and multicore embedded platforms such as QorIQ, Layerscape, Tiger Lake, Jacinto
- Real-time operating systems and hypervisors such as Integrity, VxWorks, LynxSecure, and Deos
- ARM, RISC-V, AMD64 and PowerPC architectures
- Debuggers, logic analyzers
- Rapita's RVS verification tools and RTBx hardware
- C, C++, Ada, Python and other programming, scripting, and testing languages
- Windows and Linux
What you will do
- Software engineering, development and testing of safety critical software using a variety of languages and technologies
- Multicore processor analysis, software timing analysis and embedded systems integration
- Technology research, bringing innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion
- Delivery of services and analysis of multicore architectures
- Support projects throughout the product life cycle from requirements through flight certification
- Using initiative to learn independently, question assumptions and challenge results
- Interface regularly with other engineering disciplines, program leadership and customers to deliver high quality products
- Train and mentor less experienced engineers in hardware, software, system troubleshooting and test processes
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in in computer engineering, real-time systems, electronics or a related field and 10 years of relevant experience or an advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience
- A strong software background and excellent programming skills
- Experience with requirements writing and review - precise requirements language, testability, traceability analysis
- The desire and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Knowledge of computer architecture concepts such as cache organization, DMA, MMU, Interrupt driven I/O
What would make you great at this role
You’ll need some of these qualifications:
- Experience of multicore processors, especially architectural features, embedded programming, and interfacing
- Understanding and experience of real-time or embedded software
- Experience with real-time operating systems such as Integrity, VxWorks, Deos, and/or hypervisors
- GPU experience (e.g. NVIDIA, AMD, CUDA, Vulkan, OpenGL).
- Experience with structural coverage analysis tools (Rapita, LDRA, VectorCast)
- Skills in some of the following: Assembly, C, C++, Ada, Java, Python. The ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages
- Skilled in using Linux or other Unix-like OS
- Familiarity with Ultrascale+, T2080 hardware, and DO-178C, CAST-32A, AMC 20-193, DO-297, ARINC-653, ISO 26262 or IEC 61508
- Ability to multitask effectively on multiple active projects
- A research background, innovation
The work we do helps our customers to provide safer and greener flights – we are proud that the technologies we work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. We work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
Rapita Systems is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace and automotive industries. Further information about the company and its products is available at www.rapitasystems.com.
This is a full-time role. Only US Persons (defined as US Citizens and Permanent Residents) will be considered - this is a requirement to support US defense contracts.
Rapita offers flexible hybrid office and work from home. Remote positions possible for exceptional candidates.