Rapita Systems is seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Engineer to join its exceptional development team, who are responsible for developing cutting-edge software tools for the global aerospace and automotive software industries.
Based in York, the successful applicant will play a key role in the development and deployment of our software, which is used for automation and testing of real-time embedded systems around the world. You will be developing and maintaining new features for complex software technologies; the role has potential for a strong element of research. The position calls for intelligence, knowledge, hard work and commitment.
- You will work in a team to help to maintain and extend our flagship RVS software, adding features, resolving problems, fixing bugs, testing and improving the quality of our products.
- You will be developing high-quality software using a variety of languages and technologies (C, C++, Python, Ada, Java, Perl, SQL and others).
- Investigating and understanding customer needs, leading to the specification and design of new software and features.
- Taking part in research, driving current and future technology, coming up with innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion, working with our customers to help them apply the technologies.
- Working with major aerospace, space and automotive companies in the UK and around the world.
- Generating content to support the sales and marketing of new features.
Required skills and experience
- A strong software background and excellent programming skills.
- The desire and ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Skills in some or all of the following: Ada, C, C++, Java, Python, SQL (the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than specific skills - our philosophy is to hire good people who can learn).
- An excellent degree or PhD level qualification in computer science or a related field.
- Well organised and a positive "can do" attitude.
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge or experience of real-time and embedded systems, safety-critical/high reliability software.
- Aerospace or automotive experience, especially DO-178C, ISO 26262 or IEC61508.
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink.
- A research background, innovation.
- Linux & Windows development.
What you will bring to Rapita Systems
You will be able to integrate with our development team to help bring new directions and powerful product features to our software. You will be working with our customers, developing ideas, prototyping, specifying, and then supporting the development, testing and qualification/certification for flight, including supporting the documentation and marketing of the product, producing demonstrations and training material.
Salary £28k - £60k depending on experience and ability. Location: York, UK. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Why Join Rapita
Rapita is a great place to work! You will be working with a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology and the work they do.
Rapita has flexible working times, 33 days of flexible annual leave (including bank holidays), a private pension, Cyclescheme etc. The work we do helps our customers to provide safer and greener flights – we are proud that the technologies we work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. We work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
We have an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment. We'd love for you to experience this yourself - have a look at some of our employee profiles.
Rapita Systems is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace and automotive industries. Further information about the company and its products is available at www.rapitasystems.com.
Applicants should email their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
NO AGENCIES. DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.