What will you love about being a multicore software engineer?
You’ll be helping the biggest names in the aerospace industry develop the next generation of multicore software systems, getting high performance from safety-critical systems.
Working with the latest research, you’ll be part of a team of like-minded experts, who take pride in carrying out software/hardware research and development, finding new ways to analyse multicore systems, and delivering high-class technical solutions to the most complex aerospace software systems.
If you love embedded software, solving technical challenges and working with other talented engineers, you'll fit right in.
What you will do
As a multicore expert, you will help to deliver our CAST-32A Multi-core Compliance solution - working with our customers to achieve flight certification for safety critical aerospace software and systems.
This will include:
- Working with a wide variety of processors, compilers, debuggers and real-time operating systems.
- Research and development, using your initiative, developing new technologies, questioning assumptions, and challenging results.
- Software engineering, designing, building and using our software tools
- Working with our customers, analysing multicore processors, working out how to test and verify aspects of the platforms.
- Verifying and testing requirements for aerospace software applications, from review through to flight certification.
A day in the life of a multicore engineer may include working on a pilot study with a customer, explaining new product feature ideas to the development team, analysing software requirements and automation of test cases for embedded software.
Technologies you will work with
- Real-time systems and multicore embedded platforms such as T1040, T2080, Layerscape, Tiger Lake.
- Real-time operating systems such as Integrity, VxWorks, Deos, and hypervisors.
- Debuggers, JTAG, Lauterbach, logic analysers, networking,
- Rapita's RVS verification tools and RTBx hardware.
- C, C++, Ada, Python and other programming, scripting and testing languages.
- Windows and Linux.
- Guidelines and standards: DO-178C, CAST-32A, AMC 20-193, DO-330, ARINC-653, ISO 26262.
What would make you great at this role
You'll need some of the following experience and skills:
- A strong software background, degree or PhD in computer science, electronics or similar
- Experience of multicore, real-time systems or embedded platforms,
- Understanding of computer architecture concepts such as cache organization, DMA, MMU, Interrupt driven I/O.
- Skills in some of the following: C, C++, Ada, Assembly, Python - the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages.
- Ability to multitask effectively on several active projects and be organized under pressure.
- A "can do" attitude and enthusiasm alongside the desire and ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Familiarity with any of DO-178C, CAST-32A, AMC 20-193, DO-297, ARINC-653, ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 or related technologies.
This position could suit a range of experiences from a new graduate to someone with years of industrial experience. Competitive salary depending on experience and skills, excellent holiday and other benefits, flexible working, partial remote working is possible.
The role is based in York, UK. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, sponsorship available for exceptional candidates.
Why Join Rapita
You will be working within a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology and the work they do. We have an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment. Have a look at some of our employee profiles to see for yourself what a great place Rapita is.
Rapita offers flexible working times, 33 days of flexible annual leave (including bank holidays), a private pension, cycle to work scheme, team away days, fruit and drinks, office cycle/car parking and other benefits. Most roles can be done with a hybrid approach of home-working and office working. Our office is based in the lovely city of York, which is a fantastic place to live and work - if you need it, we can help you settle in with a relocation package.
The work we do helps our customers to provide safer and greener flights – we are proud that the technologies we work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. We work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
Rapita Systems is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace and automotive industries. Further information about the company and its products is available at www.rapitasystems.com.
Applicants should email their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
NO AGENCIES. DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.