What will you love about being a multicore software engineer?
You’ll be helping the biggest names in the aerospace industry develop the next generation of multicore software systems. You’ll be part of a team of like-minded experts, who take pride in steering the development of products, carrying out cutting-edge research and development, finding new ways to analyse multicore hardware and software, and delivering high-class technical solutions to the most complex aerospace software verification problems.
What you will do
As a multicore expert, you will deliver our CAST-32A multicore solution to help our customers achieve certification for safety critical aerospace software. This will include:
- Analysing multicore processors, working out how to test and verify aspects of the platforms.
- Using and developing software timing analysis tooling and embedded systems integration.
- Working with a wide variety of processors, compilers, debuggers and real-time operating systems.
- Designing and building our software tools, and influencing product development by identifying customer needs and translating them into features.
- Verifying and testing requirements for aerospace software applications, from review through to flight certification.
- Using your initiative, developing new technologies, questioning assumptions, and challenging results.
A day in the life of a multicore engineer may include working on a pilot study with a customer, working with development teams to architect new product features, analysing software requirements and building test cases, drafting a technical report, and discussing ideas for a research and development project.
Technologies you will work with
- Real-time systems and multicore embedded platforms such as T2080, or Layerscape
- Real-time operating systems such as Integrity, VxWorks, Deos, and/or hypervisors.
- Debuggers, JTAG/Lauterbach, logic analysers, networking, and Rapita's own RVS verification tools and RTBx hardware.
- C, C++, Ada, Python, JSON and other programming, scripting and testing languages.
- Windows and Linux.
- Guidelines and standards: DO-178C, CAST-32A, AMC 20-193, DO-330, ARINC-653, ISO 26262.
What would make you great at this role
If you love embedded software, solving technical challenges and working with other talented engineers, you'll fit right in. You'll need some of the following experience and skills:
- A strong software background, degree in computer science or similar, and experience of multicore, real-time systems or embedded platforms.
- Knowledge about multicore processors, especially architectural features, embedded programming and interfacing.
- Understanding of computer architecture concepts such as cache organization, DMA, MMU, Interrupt driven I/O.
- Experience with requirements writing and review.
- Skills in some of the following: Assembly, C, C++, Ada, Python - bear in mind that the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages.
- Familiarity with any of DO-178C, CAST-32A, AMC 20-193, DO-297, ARINC-653, ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 or related technologies.
- Ability to multitask effectively on several active projects and be organized under pressure.
- A "can do" attitude and enthusiasm alongside the desire and ability to solve complex technical problems.
Rapita offers a competitive remuneration package and flexible working time arrangements. This position could suit a range of experiences from a new graduate to someone with years of industrial experience. The salary range is £32k-£55k depending on experience and skills. The role is based in York, UK, partial remote working is possible. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Why Join Rapita
Rapita is a great place to work! You will be working with a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology and the work they do.
Rapita has flexible working times, 33 days of flexible annual leave (including bank holidays), a private pension, Cyclescheme etc. The work we do helps our customers to provide safer and greener flights – we are proud that the technologies we work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. We work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
We have an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment. We'd love for you to experience this yourself - have a look at some of our employee profiles.
Rapita Systems is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace and automotive industries. Further information about the company and its products is available at www.rapitasystems.com.
Applicants should email their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
NO AGENCIES. DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.