What will you love about this role?
We are searching for a talented Software Engineer to work in our software quality assurance team (a role sometimes known as Software Development Engineer in Test - SDET) - this is a specialist role combining software engineering with skills in quality assurance and testing.
The overall aim of this job is to ensure that our complex software products meet the needs of our safety-critical customers - use your passion for software development to make testing faster and easier, find bugs in our software, increase code coverage, improve software process, bring new technologies into the team and support the overall product development. You can make a difference to the aerospace software industry.
If you have a self-motivated and diligent approach to software, an eye for quality, the ability to learn new technologies and like working with other talented people, then you'll fit right in!
What will you be doing?
You can expect to be writing C, C++ or Ada code for exploratory testing, writing test automation, workflow and usability testing, code reviews, and helping developers improve the overall software quality assurance and produce high-quality software. A day in the life might include:
- Developing and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Developing input test code (C/C++/Ada) to challenge our products
- Workflow and GUI usability testing
- Performing reviews for customer-facing code
- Planning test campaigns with developers
- Contributing to both functional and non-functional areas of testing
This exciting role will also involve:
- Working flexibly across teams, liaising with the development and the software quality assurance teams to deliver excellence
- Innovation, research, and development of new technologies in test automation
What will make you great at this role?
You should have strong technical knowledge and understanding of software/computing, particularly programming languages and software testing. Experience of working in an aerospace or regulated environment is an advantage, but not necessary. This position will suit someone with a diligent, quality-focused attitude; someone with a passion for software and programming.
You should have some or all of the following interests or experience:
- Good programming skills in some of the following: C, C++, Ada, Python, SQL (the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages)
- Understanding of programming language standards and semantics
- Understanding of build systems and compilers
- Software testing and test effectiveness (exploratory testing, functional and non-functional testing, regression testing, black and white box testing)
- Ability to multitask effectively on several active projects
- Degree in software engineering, testing, or related discipline
- Excellent written and spoken English language
You would also benefit from the following skills and experience:
- Linux & Windows development
- Test automation frameworks and CI systems
- Knowledge or experience of real-time and embedded systems, safety-critical/high reliability software
- Aerospace or automotive experience, especially DO-178C, ISO 26262, or IEC61508
Why Join Rapita
Rapita is a great place to work! You will be working with a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology and the work they do.
Rapita has flexible working times, 33 days of flexible annual leave (including bank holidays), a private pension, Cyclescheme etc. The work we do helps our customers to provide safer and greener flights – we are proud that the technologies we work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. We work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
We have an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment. We'd love for you to experience this yourself - have a look at some of our employee profiles.
Rapita Systems is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace and automotive industries. Further information about the company and its products is available at www.rapitasystems.com.
Applicants should email their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
NO AGENCIES. DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.