Rapita Systems S.L. offers a Senior Software Engineer position for a talented and highly motivated individual with a background in embedded systems to join our team in Barcelona, Catalunya (ES). The successful applicant will play a key role in the latest technology for development and verification of global aerospace and automotive real-time embedded systems. The position requires intelligence, creativity, knowledge, hard work and commitment.
We are specifically looking for interest or experience in embedded systems with multicore processors for safety critical systems in the aerospace and automotive industries. Previous experience in low-level embedded programming or computer architectures is desirable.
The successful candidate will join our excellent software team and will be actively involved in the design, development, and testing of bespoke, innovative software tools that can help our customers in building safety-critical systems with emphasis on multicore performance analysis. The candidate will be working in the design and implementation of innovative solutions for the timing analysis of advanced Multi-Processor Systems on Chip (MPSoC) to be deployed in cutting-edge avionics and automotive systems
What you will do
- Design, development and testing of bespoke software tools for multicore performance analysis
- Integration of software tools in embedded systems in both bare metal and real-time operating systems/hypervisors setups
- Testing automation for embedded critical systems
- Identify performance bottlenecks and devise hardware and software countermeasures and mitigations
- Support cutting-edge international projects with world-leading industries in the avionics and automotive domains, throughout the product life cycle from requirements through certification
- Using initiative to learn independently, question assumptions and challenge results
- Interface regularly with other engineering disciplines, program leadership and customers to deliver high quality products
Technologies you will work with
- High-level programming languages, including C, C++, bash/scripting, TCL, Python, and other programming, scripting, and testing languages
- Low-level target-specific assembly programming
- Cutting-edge Multi-Processor Systems on Chip as QorIQ, UltraScale, Layerscape, Tiger Lake, Jacinto
- Real-time operating systems/hypervisors such as PikeOS, Integrity, VxWorks, LynxSecure, and Deos
- ARM, RISC-V, AMD64, Intel and PowerPC architectures
- Debuggers, Lauterbach, CodeWarrior
- Windows and Linux
What would make you great at this role
- Master’s degree or Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, real-time systems, electronics or a related field.
- Excellent software skills, ideally including development experience in some of C, C++, bash/scripting, TCL, Python. Previous experience in low-level programming is desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge of computer architectures and hardware components.
- Proactive and collaborative attitude - keen to learn do new things, experiment and be a key player in a fast-paced, hardworking team.
- Interest in high quality and/or safety-critical software.
You’ll also benefit if you have:
- Experience on multicore processors, especially architectural features, embedded programming, and interfacing
- Understanding and experience of real-time or embedded software
- Experience with real-time operating systems such as Integrity, VxWorks, Deos, and/or hypervisors
- Experience with GPU hardware and libraries (e.g. NVIDIA, AMD, CUDA, Vulkan, OpenGL).
- Skills in some of the following: assembly, C, C++, Java, Python. The ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages
- Skilled in using Linux or other Unix-like OS
- Ability to multitask effectively on multiple active projects
Why Join Rapita
Rapita Systems S.L. is a friendly, lively, high-tech software company located in Barcelona within the Campus Nord of Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – Barcelona. This office is the hardware centre of excellence within the Rapita group offering specialist services in multicore hardware, aerospace certification and analysis of reliable embedded systems.
You will be working within a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology, research and the work they do. Rapita offers flexible working times; and most roles can be done with a hybrid approach of home-working and office working.
The work we do helps our customers to provide safer and greener flights – we are proud that the technologies we work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. We work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
Rapita Systems is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace (civil and defence) and automotive industries. Further information about the company and its products is available at www.rapitasystems.com.
Applicants should email their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
NO AGENCIES. DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.