RapiTime support specification
Developing RapiTime support for a specific target processor consists of writing a target specific library for the RVS API. To provide detailed timing analysis and determination of worst-case execution times (WCET) RapiTime requires a library that supports generation of timing traces. A generic library is supplied with RapiTime to allow a quick start.
Often, it is the case that a specific library can be developed which considers the impact of the target processor, the compiler, the data collection method, and maybe also the RTOS. This can be done through Rapita Systems' Target Integration Service or by implementing the advice of the Integration Guide, supplied as part of the standard RVS documentation.
When we provide a tool qualification pack for DO-178B/DO-178C (DO-330) or ISO 26262 as part of our qualification service, this will also include tests for the processor-specific target library.
Will RVS work with my systems?
An RVS target library can be integrated with any target CPU. A non-exclusive list of processors that can be supported by RVS plug-ins is as follows:
- Power Architecture (MPC5xx, MPC55xx, MPC56xx)
- ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers (Kinetis E series, Kinetis K series, Kinetis L series, Kinetis M series, Kinetis W series).
- 56k DSP family
- QorIQ (P2010, P2020, P4080, P5010, P5020, P5021, P5040)
- PowerPC (PPC) implementations:
- G1 (601)
- G2 (602, 603, 604, 620)
- G3 (740/750)
- 7xx/750 family
- G5/970 series
- 440 range
- XE166 family (XE161, XE162, XE164, XE167, XE169)
- XC 2000 family (XC2200, XC2300, XC2700)
- C166 family
- TriCore (TC1130, TC1724, TC1728, TC1766, TC1767, TC179x, TC1796 , TC1797, AUDO)
- Tricore Aurix (TC21x, TC22x, TC23x, TC24x, TC26x, TC270, TC290)
- ARM7-based series (LPC2100, LPC2200, LPC2300, LPC2400)
- ARM9-based series (LPC2900, LPC3100, LPC3200)
- ARM Cortex-M0 based series (LPC1100, LPC1200)
- ARM Cortex-M0+ based series (LPC800)
- ARM Cortex-M3 based series (LPC1300, LPC1700, LPC1800)
- ARM Cortex-M4 series (LPC4000, LPC4300)
Renesas (previously Hitachi, Mitsubishi, NEC)
- RX family
- RZ family
- SuperH family
- RH850 Family
- ARM-based parts (STR7, STR9, STM32 F0, STM32 F1, F2, L1, W, STM 32 F3, F4)
- TMS320 (DSP)
- Stellaris (ARM Cortex-M3)
- Hercules - TMS570 (ARM Cortex-R4)
- TMS470M ARM Cortex-M3
- RM4 ARM Cortex-R4
We are able to cater for a wide variety of systems in addition to those stated above. Please contact us if you have any questions.