Rapita Systems Ltd seeks a talented Software Verification, QA and Test Engineer to join the software quality assurance team at the York office working on software testing and tool qualification for DO-178C.
The role will include working on the tool qualification for Rapita’s flagship RVS products, which are widely used in the aerospace industry for verification of safety critical embedded software. You will be involved in all aspects of the creation and delivery of this critical product, from managing requirements, creating test plans, test cases, automation and helping customers to use our qualification kit.
Your work will include innovation, using advanced technologies for automation as well as working within formal DO-178C and DO-330 processes to a high standard. You will also work closely with the development team to improve the overall software quality assurance.
The successful candidate will have strong technical knowledge and understanding of software/computing, particularly software testing and assurance. Experience of working in an aerospace or regulated defence environment is an advantage.
This position will suit someone with a diligent, quality-focused attitude, someone with a passion for verification, embedded and aerospace systems.
- DO-178C tool qualification – development, testing, requirements, maintaining DO-178B/C and ISO26262 qualification data
- Writing and reviewing software test cases and test plans
- Working with aerospace customers to tight schedules, delivering high quality services
This challenging role will also involve:
- Working flexibly across teams, liaising with development, sales, and engineering staff to deliver excellence
- Innovation, research, developing new technologies in test automation
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following interests or experience:
- Software quality assurance or strong software background, especially software testing and test effectiveness
- Test planning - control test, robustness test, sufficiency criteria
- Requirements writing and review - precise requirements language, testability
- Embedded C or C++
- Programming language standards and semantics, coding standards, compiler test suites
- Degree in software engineering, testing or related discipline
- Excellent written and spoken English language
The candidate would also benefit from the following skills and experience:
- Assurance cases and arguments
- Embedded systems
- Linux & Windows
- Real-time systems
- DO-178C or ISO26262, aerospace or automotive safety critical software
What you will bring to Rapita
- A self-motivated and diligent approach to test quality
- The ability to quickly contribute to the software quality of our products
- An eye for quality, a diligent attitude
- A strong software background
- Embedded systems, real time systems or safety-related systems
- Excellent understanding of software and software testing
What you can gain from this position:
- Experience of working in a friendly, fast paced technology company
- Opportunity to make a difference to the aerospace software industry
- Experience of using a number of different real-world technologies
Competitive salary depending on experience. Location: York, UK. Flexible working options, including partial remote working.
Why Join Rapita
You will be working within a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology and the work they do. We have an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment. Have a look at some of our employee profiles to see for yourself what a great place Rapita is.
Rapita offers flexible working times, 33 days of flexible annual leave (including bank holidays), a private pension, cycle to work scheme, team away days, fruit and drinks, office cycle/car parking and other benefits. Most roles can be done with a hybrid approach of home-working and office working. Our office is based in the lovely city of York, which is a fantastic place to live and work - if you need it, we can help you settle in with a relocation package.
The work we do helps our customers to provide safer and greener flights – we are proud that the technologies we work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. We work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
Rapita Systems is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace and automotive industries. Further information about the company and its products is available at www.rapitasystems.com.
Applicants should email their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
NO AGENCIES. DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.