Our ISO 26262 qualification kits provide the evidence needed to demonstrate that key elements of the RVS workflow are robust, including:
- Code analysis for C, C++ and Ada including non-standard compiler-specific language extensions
- Code injection is qualified, so there’s no need to review instrumented code
- Data export into numerous formats to create verification results
We support Confidence Level 3 through method 4-1c “Validation of the software tool” using evidence generated through DO-330 at Tool Qualification Level 5. Our DO-178B/C qualification kits provide evidence needed to demonstrate tool robustness up to DAL A.
We model our qualification kits based on DO-330 Software Tool Qualification Considerations guidance used for DO-178 qualification used within the aerospace industry, providing the following COTS developer documents:
- Tool Qualification Overview (TQO)* – this describes the overall tool qualification process including Rapita and customer responsibilities and activities. It also describes the process through which we further support tool qualification through our qualified target integration service.
- Tool Qualification Plan (TQP) – this describes the qualification of the RVS COTS components.
- Tool Qualification Scope (TQS)* – this describes the scope of the evidence provided in the COTS qualification kit, in terms of supported tool features and options.
- Tool Operation Requirements (TOR) – this describes the requirements of RVS.
- Test Case Design (TCD)* – this describes the additional analysis and testing required to show that RVS is being used correctly within the development process.
- Tool Verification Results (TVR) – this gives the test configuration and test results for the COTS components.
- Tool Accomplishment Summary – this summarizes achievement of the tool qualification set out in the TQP.
- Template Integration Qualification Report – this presents structure and guidance for documenting the result of performing analysis according to the criteria given in the TCD.
* Documents are in addition to those recommended in DO-330 and intended to support your tool qualification further.
Our qualification kits are extensive, including over 1200 tests and 180,000 LOC, and have been accepted as standalone evidence of tool robustness in multiple DO-178 DAL A projects.
Our ISO 26262 qualification kits provide the evidence needed to demonstrate that RVS tools are robust in a general environment. To complete the evidence needed for DO-178B/C qualification, you through our qualified target integration service.
We can support multiple levels of oversight including sample checks, test procedure review and on-site audit.
Feature applies to: