This page describes the product life cycle policy for Rapita Systems software and hardware products, and lists the current stage of these products in their life cycle.
Rapita Systems' software products can be in one of the following states:
- Current – the most recent version. For users with an active support and maintenance contract, we provide full support for current versions, including access to our support helpline, workarounds, migration support and bugfixes. We may issue multiple incremental releases while a version is current.
- Superseded – a newer version (excluding incremental releases, see below) of the product was issued in the last twelve months. For superseded versions, our standard support and maintenance service includes access to our support helpline, workarounds, access to the latest versions of our software and migration support. For superseded versions, bugfixes are at the discretion of Rapita Systems unless you have an active frozen version support package.
- Deprecated (with support) – a version is deprecated twelve months after it was superseded. For deprecated versions, our standard support and maintenance service includes access to our support helpline, workarounds, access to the latest versions of our software and migration support. For deprecated versions, we do not provide bugfixes unless you have an active frozen version support package.
- End of life – a version reaches its end of life ten years after it was released. Our standard support package does not include support or bug fixes for versions that have reached their end of life, but this is available through our frozen version support package.
Standard software products
Rapita Systems standard software products are identified by:
- A major version number. This number increments when we release a major update to a product.
- A minor version number. This number increments when we release a minor update to a product.
- An (optional) incremental release number. This letter increments when we release a version to resolve known issues. Incremental releases do not introduce new features. Initial releases of new product versions do not have an incremental release number.
Version numbers are written in the format
, for example 3.0a.
When a new version of the Rapita Verification Suite (RVS) is released, a new version of each RVS plugin is also released. For example, when RVS 3.6 was released, RapiCover 3.6, RapiTime 3.6 and RapiTask 3.6 were also released.
We do not guarantee that different versions of our products behave identically or are fully compatible with each other. If you want to ensure identical behavior (for example identical placement of instrumentation), contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We develop custom tools to be used alongside our standard products. These are identified by the tool name, major version number, minor version number and an incremental release number.
Custom tools are compatible with standard products if the major and minor version numbers match.
RTOS demux filter tool v3.4.1 is the first release version of the RTOS demux filter tool. It is compatible with RVS 3.4, 3.4a, 3.4b etc.
Software product status
The tables below show the current status of Rapita Systems' RVS software versions and RTBx firmware versions:
|RVS 3.13 (July 2020)||Current|
|RVS 3.12 (April 2020)||Superseded, will be deprecated on 30th July 2021|
|RVS 3.11 (January 2020)||Superseded, will be deprecated on 30th April 2021|
|RVS 3.10 (October 2019)||Superseded, will be deprecated on 31st January 2021|
|RVS 3.9 (September 2019)||Superseded, will be deprecated on 31st October 2020|
|RVS 3.8 (January 2019)||Superseded, will be deprecated on 30th September 2020|
|RVS 3.7 (April 2018)||Deprecated on 31st January 2020, will reach end of life on 30th April 2028|
|RVS 3.6 (December 2016)||Deprecated on 31st January 2020, will reach end of life on 31st December 2026|
|RVS 3.5 (June 2016)||Deprecated on 31th December 2017, will reach end of life on 30th June 2026|
|RVS 3.4 (September 2015)||Deprecated on 30th June 2017, will reach end of life on 30th September 2025|
|RVS 3.3 (April 2015)||Deprecated on 31st October 2016, will reach end of life on 30th April 2025|
|RVS 3.2 (July 2014)||Deprecated on 31st May 2016, will reach end of life on 31st July 2024|
|RVS 3.1 (February 2014)||Deprecated on 30th June 2015, will reach end of life on 29th February 2024|
|RVS 3.0 (October 2011)||Deprecated on 30th April 2014, will reach end of life on 31st October 2021|
|RTBx 2.1 (December 2017)||Current|
|RTBx 2.0 (July 2017)||Deprecated on 31st December 2018|
|RTBx 1.5 (October 2014)||Deprecated on 31st December 2018|
|RTBx 1.3 (October 2010)||Deprecated on 30th November 2015|
|RTBx 1.2 (August 2009)||Deprecated on 30th April 2014|
Rapita Systems' hardware products can be in one of two states:
- Current – the most recent version.
- Deprecated – the hardware version is no longer available for purchase. If you have a warranty for Deprecated hardware that malfunctions, we may either repair it, or swap it with the most compatible model if this is not possible or feasible. We inform all customers with before making a hardware version deprecated to discuss implications and potential upgrade paths.
Hardware product status
Table 3 below shows the current status of Rapita Systems' RTBx hardware versions:
|RTBx 2xxx series||Current|
|RTBx 1xxx series||Deprecated on 31st December 2017|