Introduction to Rapita’s Target Integration Service
Rapita is committed to ensuring you achieve the best possible results from using RVS (Rapita Verification Suite). Because effort spent at the integration stage does not need to be repeated, and will repay itself in reducing the time taken to obtain results for analysis later, it is worthwhile spending time to create a high-quality integration.
The Target Integration Service is a package for customers who have purchased RVS and require guidance to integrate it with their development environment.
Complementing our support for a range of compilers, targets and real-time operating systems, the Target Integration Service provides a specific consultancy package which results in:
- documentation describing how the integration with the customer’s development environment works
- source code
- instrumentation libraries
- build scripts
The end product is a Target Integration Kit (TIK) which guides your engineers, saves valuable resources and enables a smooth integration of RVS into your development environment.
This document sets out the four-step process behind the Target Integration Service which helps to integrate RVS with your build environment.
The Target Integration Service
The four-step Target Integration Service process is broken down into two distinct phases:
- Preparation and integration activity
- Outputs and support
Preparation and integration activity
In this phase an FAE (Field Application Engineer) conducts a preliminary investigation of your needs by telephone and then visits your site to conduct the actual integration:
You will be called to discuss your target system / compilers / OS / processors / application / build system – this information-gathering is preparation for an on-site visit to conduct integration activity.
Based on information already collected and the nature of the build environment, the FAE visits your site to carry out a complete integration or the integration of a sub-system.
Outputs and support
In the second phase the FAE provides all relevant documentation, sets up your system to generate reports, and facilitates the start of the support relationship:
- Outputs – documentation describing how the integration with the customer’s development environment works, source code, instrumentation libraries, build scripts – the TIK
- Support package – this final step involves guidance by email/telephone to ensure you get the maximum possible benefit from the integration
Benefits of using the Target Integration Service
The Target Integration Service provides:
- expert guidance from a skilled FAE, by telephone, email and face-to-face
- full documentation setting out how the integration works
- dedicated support
This resource package will reduce the effort and time required to carry out integration activities and produce a high-quality integration which you won’t need to repeat.