RapiTimeZero analyzes the timing behavior of executable code while it is run, supporting timing analysis when a project's source code is unavailable or can't be instrumented.
RapiTimeZero produces timing metrics including the following:
- Worst-case execution time
- Overall execution time per test
- Average execution time through all tests
- High-water mark execution time
- Contribution of each function's execution time to the overall execution time of the system
To analyze timing behavior from program execution, RapiTimeZero uses information collected from branch traces generated by compatible hardware and combines this with extra information collected from a disassembly of the executable. This allows timing behavior to be analyzed without instrumentation of or even access to source code, and with no modification of the build system. For a list of compatible hardware, see RapiTimeZero's platform support.
It's easy to view your results with the RVS Project Manager, which lets you compare results from various stages in your project so you can track progress over time.
Feature applies to: