Danlaw Acquires Rapita Systems
NOVI, Mich., April 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ – Danlaw, Inc., a global connected vehicle, automotive electronics and embedded engineering enterprise, has acquired Rapita Systems Ltd., the leading provider of real-time verification solutions for aerospace and automotive embedded systems.
"The Rapita family of testing products complement our unique Mx-Suite™ automated environment for MIL/SIL/HIL testing,” said Dan McClung, Danlaw's VP of Engineering Solutions. “With the integration of Rapita products, Danlaw has strengthened its portfolio of embedded software tools to include on-target testing. This extended tool suite further addresses the needs of automotive and aerospace functional safety requirements.”
The Rapita family of products includes:
- RapiTime™ – Performance measurement and timing analysis, including worst-case execution time (WCET)
- RapiCover™ – Structural coverage analysis, including MC/DC coverage
- RapiTask™ – Visualization of RTOS scheduling and event tracing
- RapiTest™ – Unit testing and module based testing.
"This acquisition opens great opportunities for Rapita to consolidate and to grow its customer base, in particular to expand the operations in the USA. Our customers will benefit from our combined toolset and expertise along with a worldwide engineering service infrastructure.” says Dr. Guillem Bernat, CEO of Rapita Systems.
Raju Dandu, Chairman of Danlaw, says, "Rapita fits perfectly with the aggressive growth goals set for our engineering solutions division. Our strategic plan included further addition of software engineering tools and global expansion of our engineering services; this acquisition delivers on both. We welcome the Rapita team into the close-knit Danlaw family."
Danlaw's 500+ engineering professionals have been providing connected vehicle telematics and automotive embedded electronics solutions to OEM's and their Tier-1 supply base for over 30 years. Danlaw has facilities in the USA, Europe, India and China. Danlaw specialty areas include embedded systems development and testing for Embedded Control Units (ECUs), vehicle network communications, infotainment, and telematics. Their customers include Automotive OEMs, automotive electronics suppliers, fleet and automotive insurance companies worldwide.
About Rapita Systems:
Rapita Systems Ltd., located in York, UK, specializes in providing on-target software verification solutions for large, critical real-time embedded software systems in the avionics, space and automotive electronics markets. Rapita Systems’ unique tools and services enable customers to reduce the cost and effort to perform software verification for critical embedded systems.
White papers & webinars
Want to learn about common challenges and solutions in critical software verification? Our white papers and webinars may be just the thing:
- Multicore Timing Analysis for DO-178C
- Eight top code coverage questions in embedded avionics systems
- Seven Roadblocks to 100% structural coverage (and how to avoid them)
- Automating WCET Analysis for DO-178B & DO-178C
- Three steps to avoid software obsolescence in avionic systems
- CodeTEST® Replacement with RVS
- Multicore Timing Analysis for DO178 Projects Webinar
- Multicore for ISO 262626 Webinar