Until the release of AMC 20-193 on 21st January 2022, certification applicants for multicore software and hardware for ED-12C/DO-178C or ED-80/DO-254 projects followed CAST-32A guidance. With the release of AMC 20-193, AMC 20-193 superseded CAST-32A guidance.
In this technical webinar, we highlight the differences between AMC 20-193 and CAST-32A, and how changes in the following areas can affect your projects:
- Dynamic allocation of software execution
- Simultaneous multithreading
- Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA)
- Other definitions and clarifications
- Mitigation of changes to critical configuration settings
- Use of simulators
AC 20-193 was released on 8th January 2024 and has superseded CAST-32A guidance for DO-178C applicants certifying under the FAA. While AC 20-193 has some minor textual differences to AMC 20-193, the two documents are fully aligned from a technical and certification perspective, so the insights in this webinar also apply to AC 20-193 projects.