Brought to you by:
Rapita Systems, the leading provider of real-time verification solutions for aerospace and automotive embedded systems and ConsuNova, a leading global provider of DO-178C training, certification and compliance solutions, will host a two-day DO-178C Practical Training session at technology centers around the world.
The two independent organizers (Rapita Systems and ConsuNova) share many practical approaches to the DO-178C framework, implementation and execution delivering successful strategies for testing and verification to Avionics companies across the globe.
The mix of training and workshop formats will help organizations understand and prepare for new processes and development activities that are needed to satisfy DO-178C requirements. This event has been designed specifically to address targeted DO-178C topics that have long been major cost drivers in achieving DO-178C compliance.
This training is designed to be fast-paced, dynamic, up-to-date, given by working industry experts with a shared goal: teaching attendees industry best practices that maximize efficiency in managing and delivering software under DO-178C. This workshop covers the top two cost drivers in DO-178C: lack of workable/efficient process and excessive/missed verification objectives.
- Day 1 focuses on key elements of DO-178C Planning, understanding the key differences between DO-178B and DO-178C, avoiding mistakes and efficient ways to reduce review-cycle and successful DO-178C Compliance Audits.
- Day 2 focuses on requirements development, efficient ways to leverage previously developed software, and how to reduce verification effort by 50%.
This event will deliver focused results & a clear understanding of DO-178C, the implications and time-saving industry best practices.
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Applying Optimized DO-178C Compliance Practices||Understand and Fine-tune DO-178C Engineering Challenges|
|1.||Understand ARP-4754A & ARP-4761 challenges and relationship to DO-178C.||Participate in Requirements Best Practices workshop.|
|2.||Optimized DO-178C process implementation and Cost-Effective Planning.||Applying efficient review process to reduce overhead and proof of compliance.|
|3.||Understand challenging differences between DO-178B and DO-178C.||Understand DO-178C Compliance Audits, timing and success factors.|
|4.||DO-178C Industry Facts and Compliance cost drivers.||DO-330 Tool Qualification options and challenges.|
|5.||DO-178C Testing and Structural Coverage Analysis Objectives explained.||How to avoid hidden but costly DO-178C Objectives (WCET, Worst-Case Execution Time).|
|6.||Most Accepted DO-178C structural coverage analysis and un-covered code (workshop).||DO-178C final compliance packaging (PHAC, Problem Reporting)|
What will you learn?
- In fast-pace sessions, attendees will learn lean & mean understanding of DO-178C intent, process and applying best practices.
- In a more hands-on workshop approach, attendees will learn how to deal with hidden but costly DO-178C challenges.
- Engineers & Managers will leave this session with memorable and practical methods to apply in their projects immediately.
- Testers and Engineers will understand major technical cost drivers and how to avoid them.
Who should attend?
- Those preparing for or bidding on their first DO-178C program
- Those new to, or already engaged in DO-178C, regardless of role
- Those transitioning from DO-178B to revision DO-178C
Reza Madjidi is the president of ConsuNova responsible for driving ConsuNova global business strategy and operations. Mr. Madjidi is an active FAA Systems & Equipment DER (Software) and a subject matter expert in practical teaching of DO-178C and Compliance streamlining.
With 20+ years of embedded avionics experience including the development of many critical embedded avionics and safety-critical systems, he is considered a leading expert on avionics certification, working with 30+ of the world's 50 largest aerospace companies.
Holding a BSc and MBA, Mr. Madjidi enjoys hands-on work providing training, detailed gap analysis & avionics certification optimization strategies to companies worldwide. Reza Madjidi has been the inventor of various software tools and solution services, including traceGEAR, reviewGEAR, and widely adopted Gap Analysis techniques that has led many global companies to a successful & efficient DO-178/DO-254 compliance completion.
Dr. Guillem Bernat is the CEO of Rapita Systems Ltd. He received his PhD in Computer Science from the Universitat de les Illes Balears in Spain, in 1998 and then took a lecturing position at the Real-Time Systems Group at the University of York in the UK.
In 2004 he founded Rapita Systems to commercialise technology for measurement based worst-case execution time analysis technology. Rapita Systems has grown to provide a set of software verification tools for safety critical systems including timing analysis, WCET analysis and structural code coverage to satisfy DO-178B/C and ISO26262 objectives.
Dr. Bernat has more than 70 published papers in international conferences and Journals, has lectured extensively in real-time systems and is a frequent speaker at international conferences.
To register, please enter your contact details below.
After registering, we will contact you with more information & arrange payment.
|Venue||Price per attendee||Early bird discount||Discounted price||Offer ends|
|Phoenix||20%||$960 (USD)||01 Feb 2018|
Register for notifications
* Please note that even for EU companies, following Article 53 of the EU VAT Directive (2006/112/EC), VAT is charged for attendance of this event and we cannot apply "reverse-charge" procedures to this. EU-based companies may be able to reclaim VAT from HMRC using the procedure in VAT notice 723A.