We've been working hard on qualification kits for RapiCover and RapiTime. Possibly too hard, because we even started to consider how to apply the principles of qualification to domestic tasks... How many qualification engineers does it take to change a light-bulb? 9!
- 1 to specify the changing of the light-bulb.
- 1 to review the specification.
- 1 to plan the testing of the changing of the light-bulb.
- 1 to review the test plan against the specification.
- 1 to implement the testing of the changing of the light-bulb.
- 1 to review the test against the plan.
- 1 to change the light-bulb.
- 1 to test that the light-bulb has been changed appropriately according to spec.
- 1 to check the forwards and backwards traceability between the specification, the plan and the test, and show that there isn't some aspect of changing a light-bulb that we accidentally forgot to test.