A look back on Rapita's DO-178C training workshop in San Diego
Rapita Systems and ConsuNova delivered a joint DO-178C Training Workshop in San Diego, on July 10 and 11.
Following on from training workshops in Bristol and Barcelona, we took our two-day world-class DO-178C training to the West Coast of America where we presented training that covered understanding, implementing and executing DO-178C best practices.
The training was delivered in a mixture of class-room and workshop formats, helping participants understand and prepare for new processes and development activities needed to satisfy DO-178C requirements. This training was designed specifically to address targeted DO-178C topics that have long been major cost drivers in achieving compliance.
Benefitting from the experience of industry-leading experts in certification, workshop participants not only learnt about the challenges of satisfying DO-178C, but practical solutions that they can apply to their projects.
Reza Madjidi is the president of ConsuNova responsible for driving ConsuNova global business strategy and operations. Mr. Madjidi is an active FAA Systems & Equipment DER (Software) and a subject matter expert in practical teaching of DO-178C and Compliance streamlining.
Dr. Guillem Bernat is the CEO of Rapita Systems Ltd. He received his PhD in Computer Science from the Universitat de les Illes Balears in Spain, in 1998 and then took a lecturing position at the Real-Time Systems Group at the University of York in the UK.
The trainingThis fast-paced, dynamic and up-to-date training was delivered by both companies with a shared goal: teaching attendees industry best practices that maximize efficiency in managing and delivering software under DO-178C. The workshops covered the top two cost drivers in DO-178C: lack of workable/efficient process and excessive/missed verification objectives.
The key topics covered during the workshops were:
- Day 1 focused on key elements of DO-178C Planning, understanding the key differences between DO-178B and DO-178C, avoiding mistakes and efficient ways to reduce review-cycle and successful DO-178C Compliance Audits.
- Day 2 focused on requirements development, efficient ways to leverage previously developed software, and how to reduce verification effort by 50%.
Additional multicore training
In addition to the two day DO-178C training, Rapita Systems also delivered a training session on multicore for DO-178C. This training focused on CAST-32A, shared resources and interference channels and provided attendees with a practical solution to multicore timing analysis.
If you missed the event and want to learn more about multicore timing analysis, why not download our multicore timing analysis webinar?
Rapita and ConsuNova would like to thank all attendees of the training over the three days.
The feedback from those who were in attendance was very positive with several participants noting that the training had given them some great practical methods that they can apply to their projects immediately.
If you missed the event and would like to attend our next DO-178C training in Bristol, UK, you can register here.
White papers & webinars
Want to learn about common challenges and solutions in critical software verification? Our white papers and webinars may be just the thing:
- Multicore Timing Analysis for DO-178C
- Eight top code coverage questions in embedded avionics systems
- Seven Roadblocks to 100% structural coverage (and how to avoid them)
- Automating WCET Analysis for DO-178B & DO-178C
- Three steps to avoid software obsolescence in avionic systems
- CodeTEST® Replacement with RVS
- Multicore Timing Analysis for DO178 Projects Webinar
- Multicore for ISO 262626 Webinar