What is RapiTestFramework for?
Software test programs are a time-consuming but valuable element of critical systems development.
Tools that are not developed specifically for large-scale projects have a double impact on the overall testing program:
- Testing effort is wasted on low value-added activities; and
- Program delays are added if the unit test activity is on the project's critical path (as it often is).
Rapita Systems’ on-target test solution, RapiTestFramework, is designed to drive inefficiencies out of low-level testing in large projects, reducing costs and eliminating unnecessary delays in the testing process.
Preliminary access to RapiTestFramework is available now. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RapiTestFramework is optimized for embedded systems with large code bases running into millions of lines of source code.
RapiTestFramework provides the following key features:
- Support for different levels of testing from low-level unit testing up to full system test
- Integrated code coverage reporting built on RapiCover technology
- Testing on-target and on-host
- Fast incremental builds
- Flexible test entry supporting table based tests and test scripts
- Easy duplication of testing environments. The same test environment can easily be shared or redeployed between multiple members of the testing team.
- Display differences between test runs. Quickly identify what has changed during testing.
Features of RapiTestFramework:
- Easily duplicated test environment
- Fast incremental builds
- On-target and on-host support with easy migration
- Configuration management integration
- Easy use of RapiCover
- Merge unit test coverage with system test coverage and justifications
- Flexible target integration
- Multi-user/large project support
- DO-178B/C, DO-330 Qualification Kit
- Adaptable spreadsheet import
- Configurable injection of framework code
- Flexible stubbing
- Powerful scripting language
- Customizable test creation GUI
Interfaces to other RVS plugins
RapiTestFramework supports RVS plugins to extend system testing to monitor other software properties, for example:
- RapiCover provides structural coverage analysis up to MC/DC. The justifications feature supports “covered by analysis” arguments, to allow 100% coverage to be reached, even where there are valid reasons that make this difficult.
- RapiTime supports the measurement of detailed timing properties, and allows the calculation of worst-case execution time.
RVS lets you combine results, such as those from RapiTime or RapiCover, from individual unit tests with system test results to provide a complete picture of your system's behavior.
Other RVS plugins that can be used to address a variety of verification requirements (such as worst-case stack usage) are available through our Early Access Program.