What is RapiTestFramework for?
Software test programs are time-consuming but valuable in the development of software for critical embedded systems.
Tools that are not developed specifically for large-scale projects have a double impact on the overall testing program:
- Testing effort is wasted on low value-added activities; and
- Program delays are added if the unit test activity is on the project's critical path (as it often is).
Rapita Systems’ on-target test solution, RapiTestFramework, is designed to drive inefficiencies out of low-level testing in large projects, reducing costs and eliminating unnecessary delays in the testing process.
Preliminary access to RapiTestFramework is available now. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
RapiTestFramework is optimized for embedded systems with large code bases running into millions of lines of source code. It offers:
- Support for testing from the system level to unit level
- On-target and on-host testing, including testing on complex targets such as RTOS
- Flexible data collection strategies
RapiTestFramework is flexible and easy to use. The tool helps you get the most from your testing by:
- Displaying differences between test runs
- Being qualifiable for use in DO-178B/C and ISO 26262 projects
- Letting you define tests in a variety of ways:
- A spreadsheet format
- Our powerful scripting language
- Flexible stubbing behavior including stubs, mocks and fakes
- Configurable injection of framework code
- Customizable test creation GUI
- Letting multiple testers use the same test environment
Interfaces to other RVS plugins
RapiTestFramework can be used with other RVS plugins including:
- RapiCover to provide structural coverage analysis up to MC/DC level. RapiCover's justifications feature lets you mark untestable code as covered using its Justifications feature. This lets you achieve 100% coverage, even where there are valid reasons that make this difficult.
- RapiTime to measure detailed timing properties, letting you determine the worst-case execution time and high water mark time of your code while it runs on your target hardware.
RVS lets you combine results from RVS tools such as RapiCover and RapiTime with system and unit test results to provide a complete picture of your system's behavior.